Tortoise has great significance both in Vastu and in Feng Shui.
Tortoise as creature has a long life and hence it denotes Long Life in Feng Shui and Vastu.
In India the same veneration is given to it, for in one of the preceding manvantaras Vishnu is said in the Puranas to have taken the form of a tortoise to uphold the earth and its beings; his second avatara is called the Tortoise or Kurma avatara.
Tortoise as a figurine made out of Resins, Mud, Metal or wood can be found in all homes who believe in the tenets of Vastu and Feng Shui.
When placing a tortoise in your house or workplace few Vastu rules should be followed and they are enumerated below for the benefit of my readers:
- Tortoise made of earthern material like mud or resin should be placed in the North East, Center or South West
- Those made of metals should be placed in North and North West
- Tortoise figurines made of crystal should be placed in South west or north-west
- Figurines of tortoise made of wood should be placed in East or South East
- Irrespective of where you place the tortoise figurine in your home or workplace it should always have its face towards the East Direction
- You can also place a tortoise family in the living space of your home to increase family harmony.