An extremely important factor where light is to be thrown is at the surroundings or environment of the plots. If the environment is not good, the resulting problems come in many ways. Hence, it is crucial to look at the following aspects:
- It is best to construct plots where lands are fertile with plants and greenery.
- A big canal or the river located on the north side and its water flowing from west to east is a good sign. The same way if the river is on the east side with water flowing from south to north, is also considered good.
- If there are mounds of Earth, big boulders, and hills towards the south west, southern, and western sides of the site or plot, it is good. Otherwise, it would affect the progress.
- It should be ensured that no cemetery, tomb, or graveyard lie close to the plot either front or back.
- Also, plots near to temples have a chance to affect the inmates. Plots having temple towards its right causes material loss, on the left causes sorrow and grief, and in the front it causes obstruction to develop.
Thus, keeping these things in mind, it is very important to consult an expert in vastu shastra before constructing the building as it renders happiness and prosperity ever through the life relieved from problems.
Types of plots:-
- Square (all corners straight and at 90°) shaped
Very auspicious, brings health,wealth and happiness.
- Rectangular Shaped
Good and auspicious. Brings all round prosperity.
- Circular Shaped
Good for constructing circular Shaped buildings only.
- Wheel Shaped
Owner loses financial status and faces poverty.
- Odd Shaped (irregular shaped)
Causes all types or problems and poverty.
- Triangular Shaped
Affects progress and causes problems from government.
- Bhadarshan Shaped
Not good for residence. Can be used for special type of buildings like government buildings only.
- Cart Shaped
Causes wants and poverty, even imprisonment. The owner has to run here and there like a Cart.
- Long bar Shaped
Not good if used for cattle shed, the cattle reared here perish.
- Damru shaped (a tiny size musical damru with deep bend in the middle)
Will have very bad effect on the eye sight of inmates. Also everyone in the house will lose discretion fright judgement.
- Visham Bahu (disproportionate shouldered)
Affects health, involves in mates in court litigations, drives them to poverty.
- Drum or Dholak or Mirdung Shaped
Will cause loss of wife and other female members of the family
- Hand-Pan Shaped
Creates loss of wealth, cattle etc. This can be corrected and used if other aspects conform to Vastu principles.
- Varahan Mukhi Akaar (pig faced Shaped)
Causes death of brothers and relatives.
- Turtle shaped plot
Causes to the owner and his family members imprisonment, untimely death and murders.
- Window shaped plot (used for hand winnowing to separate grains from chaff)
The inmates of this plot lose mental peace and face poverty.
- Bow shaped plot
Inmates of this plot face fear of theft, loot, attack by enemies etc.
- Muslakar plot (long oval like plot with cut in one side)
It brings enmity and loss of friendship
- Hexagon shaped plot
This is considered good if all other Vastu principles are followed. Is said to be helpful in progress of family members.
- Ellipitical plot (a regular oval shaped)
Loss in many ways like money, women and respect.
- Polygonal plot (Panch Mukh)
Such plot should not be inhabited before making it a rectangular plot otherwise it will bring legal litigations and false allegations.
- Octagonal (Astha Kon) plot
Is auspicious and will bring all round prosperity.
- Pot type plot
People who live on this plot face problems and obstacles for progress.
- Simha Mukh (lion faced) like a lion’s face wider in front
Not good for residential purposes. Is very auspicious for business organisation.
- Gaumukh (cow faced) like a cows face narrow in front
Auspicious provided the roads are in Southern and Westeren sides of plot.